Activities in Assisted Living
Activities are a big part of our facilities. With memory care residents especially the exercise and mental activities stimulates the mind. Walking improves behavior because it allows the medication to be processed in the body and therefore less is needed. Stimulating the socialization and helping to control depression and improve the digestive system
Recently Loving Care has added a full time Activity Coordinator. Activities for Senior Citizens are scheduled throughout the day, including an early morning stretching and range of motion exercises. Walking is a large part of a healthy lifestyle and residents are walked 3 times per day if they are unable to do it alone. Memory games and music therapy is an important part mental health.
Care Plan Activities May Include:
- Morning Range of motion exercises which are done in place and work the arms and legs and stretches.
- Current Events which is a group conversation and helping residents participate in life experiences
- Ready scheduled walks of 10 minutes 3 times a day
- Simple group games such a Simon Says or Card games such as War
- Movies and Popcorn
- Participating in daily living activities is very important and helpful in maintaining a connection with life on a daily basis. Such as setting table, washing dishes, folding laundry.
Adult Activities are the focus of our daily living. Our schedule revolves around some activity. It is the foundation of our “Day in the life of…” program.
Senior Activities are also the core of the care plan that we create with the families and doctors. Each care plan is carefully crafted to meet the physical and mental needs of our residents, tailored around their ability as well as their limitations.